ALL COVID REGULATIONS WERE UPDATED ON 2021-04-18
All new pontoon boat rental bookings will be limited to a Max. of 10 people. Please boat with your family and only with those in your circle. Thank you!
The Shuswap Marina Crew
To our valued customers:
We acknowledge that these are difficult times, please know that we are actively working on making sure your family is safe at our marina as we are now fully operational.
So when visiting us please follow our guidance and respect our procedures as these have been set in place for your safety and our own. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in this together, please help us keep our Marina safe of COVID-19. If you have any suggestions or ideas please send us a email at email@example.com or give us a call at 250.675.2250
Maintaining social distancing while boating in BC
Please do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Recreational boaters are urged to think ahead about the actions that they can take to protect their health and safety and prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
While boating safety is always important, being prepared and knowledgeable during these uncertain times can help keep your family, first responders, and many others safe. Office of Boating Safety has released this message to recreational boaters and marine community members. In addition to this, please continue to follow all orders and guidance provided by the Provincial Health Officer.
Should you face an emergency situation on the water, please alert first responders if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and/or have been out of the country. Help keep first responders safe by following their directions.
Guidance to Maintain Social Distancing While Boating
Boating can be a safe activity during these times if the following practices are followed:
- Adhere to all municipal, provincial, and federal closures. Many BC Parks and recreation sites are closed – it is suggested to check ahead of time.
- Only boat with those from your immediate household – No guest allowed, and avoid sharing your car with those outside of your household.
- Maintain a safe distance (at least two metres) from others you may come across, such as those at the marina.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially around communal areas like boat ramps and gates.
- Avoid anchoring or rafting your boat next to someone else.
- Stay local – now is not the time to explore new water ways or other BC communities.
- Go right from your house to the boat and back – avoid unnecessary contact with anyone.
- Pack your gear and supplies ahead of time and don’t plan to stop at stores along the way as you usually might.
If you are not confident that you can meet all these conditions, please postpone your trip.
If your boat needs service please call the business ahead of time as their hours and services might have changed. Always make sure you have all the necessary safety equipment for your vessel, if you are in need of equipment.
During these unprecedented times, Boating BC is actively working to provide recreational boaters with updates. Reach out to us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or through firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions.
Please know that we are actively working with Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, Transport Canada Office of Boating Safety and BC Boating Association to make sure you and your family are safe at our Marina.
IF NEEDED YOU CAN REVIEW ALL OUR FILES AND COVID 19 PROCEDURES ON THIS FILES. UPDATES 2021-04-18